Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Shrove Tuesday Pancakes (Real Food Style)

In the past, our Shrove Tuesday/ Mardi Gras meal was chocolate chip pancakes with whipped cream.  However, with several of the family on a special diet, I need to revamp the meal plan for that day.  What I have come up with is a real food replacement that I hope will still make everyone excited.


Erin's sourdough pancakes are already a treat in this house, so I'm going to whip up several batches of these.  It's important when making this recipe not to double or triple or, in our case, quadruple the batch; but to make each batch separately.  This is because, once the baking soda is added, the batter fluffs up really nice and needs to be added to the pan right then.  Trust me on this one.

For the chocolate chips I'm going to use this recipe from  Whole New Mom for homemade chocolate chips.

Then, I'm going to whip up some organic heavy cream with a touch of honey.  Or, if I have time, homemade triple vanilla ice cream.

What are your Shrove Tuesday plans?  I'd love to hear about them in the comment box.  

No comments:

Post a Comment